Skip to main content

New Week New Beginnings -- Blogging Again

Returning From A Planetary Trip - Saturn Rising 

 I have heard many comments, requests and a few pushes to return to my blogging --- 2019 was a big year for me and instead of sharing through my blog, I found myself often in a very internal process --- I have been feeling the tug to blog again for a number of weeks.  Then it became, how do I begin to blog again? The, what picture should I post?   So without a plan and with no selected photo I decided today is the day.  Blogging again...

Patten in now my home  and today there is a blue blue sky, bright sunshine, cold winds and a little snow on the ground.  It is Monday, we have had the last full moon of the month and of the decade.  Winter Solstice is Saturday and next month I will have been living on Willow Street for one year.  

I am happy,  I am content,  and I feel engaged in my new home and town.  I now live in the "north end"  I like saying "north end"  it reminds me of London, it feels Bostonian it feels like a good way to call home.  So, why is there a picture of Saturn?  I haven't moved that far north - but almost.  One of the fun touchstones of  my life "up north" is my proximity to "the county" (that is Aroostook County the northernmost county, the largest county geographically east of the Rocky Mountains and borders Canada.  People from other parts of Maine think it is the end of the earth.  It is a beautiful and they grow lots of potatoes) -- I had one other time with Debbie Gilmer, Bob and Gail Fanjoy driven on US Highway 1 and saw the planets in our solar system -- that was in warm weather so last month I decided on my way home from the Micmac Market in Caribou to drive highway 1 and see the planets with snow on the ground.  It is easy to just drive past most of the planets, they are easy to miss but when I do locate a planet it is just a little victory,  and last month it  also fueled a thanks and gratitude for me as I drove along the route and thinking about Jessica Meir, the Maine woman from "the county" that is at the space station and has made herstory with her space walk.  For those who don't know about the community project of the solar system model  check this out: Maine Solar System Model

So why start blogging when I could just keep on absorbing the new of my life and the comfort of old rituals and habits that come along with me where ever I live?  Blogging is a way for me to honor my own self, there is a benefit to me in making more public the dialogue, discussions, thoughts and wonderings that are a part of each of my days.  It is a way that I become more intentional and at the same time more spontaneous.  I like it and without ceremony or any big aplomb I am just going to start again.  

I began this blog when the sun was bright and now it has set, the days are growing shorter and shorter and we are moving deeper and deeper into the dark.  The stars shine bright and t at times there is a visible planet in the sky (not on Route 1 where they are always there if you know where to look).  I do appreciate this time of going inward, hunkering down, being in the dark.  I have candles in many of my windows and like that wherever I look there is a twinkling light.  I am going to put up more holiday decorations this week.  More lights, twinkling, colorful and a little magical.   Seems like a good time to start again.

So here is my first blog in quite awhile.  It reflects hope.  It leans toward the rambling.  It is my musing and my gift. 

I am glad to be back. 






Comments

Norma Wentworth said…
I'm so very happy to read your blog again Mary Alice. Keep them coming! I've enjoyed every one of them.