Skip to main content

Holiday Hangover - No alcohol required!

I spent today journeying through cookbooks,  making hotel reservations and catching up with a few good friends.   Yesterday's plan and the reality were not quite the same!  The plan changed but the outcome a wonderful Christmas adventure happened even though I ate Indian rather then Chinese for lunch.  I did get to visit with my friends Susan and Jeanne and enjoyed sweet visit with lots of laughter.  I did not get to see "Little Women"  but today I did a little mini-binge of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel  not quite Jo but very fun and just right for my somewhat scattered attention span.   I have a little post holiday hangover and I didn't get enough outdoor time these last few days.  I didn't get outside much today either - a quick trip to the post office and the hardware store and then I quickly headed back in the house.  

I spent the days doing little tasks associated with plans - I spent a little more time thinking about the menu for my New Year's Day Open House - looking at cookbooks, making a grocery list, thinking about where I would set up the food.  Thinking about the details that come from this plan of bringing in the New Year with old and new friends and neighbors.  

When I wasn't thinking about food I was thinking about details of travel.   I am leaving Patten on March 2nd to begin my spring fling!  Today I made the last of the hotel reservations for the trip.  I am staying in Chicago at the Royal Sonesta  Chicago Riverfront  
I get to spend time with family and friends and stay just a few blocks from where I worked as a young woman, the next detail was Winslow, Arizona.  Much of this trip was driven by this idea I kept having of disembarking from the train at the LaPosada Hotel, which was built to accommodate the railroad customers traveling from the east to Los Angeles.  I am going to do just that, start in Boston, with a stop in Chicago and then my train trip will end in Winslow Arizona.  

So a day of laptop sites and leftovers.  Oh new plans and little details.  Good time on the phone with family and friends.  

Now it is time to light candles for the 5th night of Hanukkah.  The flame continues to burn.  The light glows bright. 

Comments