Skip to main content

Day 14 - Grateful

I am just going to spend a moment, imagining.....I have this small back porch it faces south and gets morning sun and well into the afternoon.  I saw this shelf on some post.  I am imagining morning tea, reading the paper, listening to the birds and feeling the sun on my face.   If the bugs are on the prowl, I will go inside my lovely screen porch.  Sit in my favorite rocker and watch the day go by.  I am imagining walking to the falls, sitting with a book or maybe my knitting and listening the water flow, watch the sun dappling through the trees.  Climbing over the rocks.  Being in the woods.  I am imagining exploring parts of the north end in the National Monument and in Baxter Park, taking Luke fishing and hiking with Myah.   I am imagining going to the coast.  Smelling the sea.  Going to a lovely spot to eat.  

I thought that  I would be in Houston or maybe on the Gulf Coast,  eating as some spectacular restaurant, having spent the day smelling the flowers, walking trails, or maybe exploring a museum.   I am not with Jackie in Texas, I am here in Patten.   I have completed my two weeks since returning from Arizona.  So it is bittersweet.  I am safe, I am well.  I have power.  I wish that we did not have to live through this.   But here we are.  

It is Saturday night.   I get to stop counting days, at least for right now.  The days forward are an unknown.  I don't really know how my days will be different now that I am not counting days.  

For today,  I am leaning into imagining.  I'll come back to the present soon, but for  now I am sitting with a friend on my porch sun on our faces, raising a toast and enjoying another absolutely beautiful day. 

Comments