Skip to main content

I Made a Work Plan.....


I have not had a lot to say in the last couple of days,  it was not so much a decision to not blog,  I just didn't do it.   Then yesterday,  I decided to create a few goals,  set up some plans,  try to bring a little more structure to myself during this time of sheltering at home.   It was sobering to for the second time to end a self quarantine, and then be left with how little would actually change in my life.  So I had to sit with that again.   I sat with memories.  What arises,  what we have lost,  how are we going to live.  

Just little questions, big memories, and now I have a beautiful little "road map"  for my week.  I add things as I do them....I check things off that are in "the plan"  I love the colors.  I wish that I was able to do better drawings, but I am sure that my weekly plans will improve over time.  I have fun materials to work with....My big paper is a motivation.  I like lists,  this is a fun big list, for right now one week at a time.

Today, our Governor extended our stay at home orders for one more month.   Delta airlines emailed my that my trip in mid/late May had been cancelled and they were issuing a refund, did not even say that they were booking me on another flight.  

Today,  I walked with Terry.  My first walk outside of the yard since I returned home.  It was windy, and a little awkward but a good start to walking (wrote my progress onto my "work plan").   I drove to the spring on the scenic byway and got a lot of spring water.   I will use this sweet good tasting water  to make sparkling water and boil for my tea.   It was an adventure.  I stopped at the post office and mailed some letters and cards.  I wore my mask,  I had antiseptic wipes with me and I waited until there was no one else in post office before I went in.   Life in the time of pandemic.

Not sure that I put my Friday night concerts with Emma's Revolution I love them,  two women with long activist singer songwriter roots.  Check them out on Facebook or their website.  They have some great songs to sing out loudly right now.   They are one of several artists that I am sending a small amount of money to each month.  

We made it through this day where the winds were blowing,  the power went out for about 10 minutes, I am very grateful to have power.  

I have my masks, several different kinds.  I ventured out into the world.  I took a walk.  What a day.  I have a little plan.  It is Tuesday.  I am not in quarantine. I have my health.  I am grateful.

Comments