Skip to main content

Quiet Day - Storm Might be Coming

More than one month ago spring was officially here.  I was in Phoenix, getting ready to head back to Maine in less than a week.   I am done with quarantine time, and yet there is very little that is different in my daily life right now.   

There have been several big snow storms, several power outages and today I got the Severe Weather Alert that you see above.  The sun is not yet winning this battle.   The sun is higher in the sky, the light is longer, but the northern cold seem to still have a few bursts left.   

It has been shifting from rain/sleet/snow for the last little bit.  The house is cozy.  I am hunkered down for the right and am going to continue my version of "binge watching" by continuing to watch "Unorthodox" it is a mini-series and I am half way through the four part season and looking forward to the next two shows.  

Today I did a few more errands and my need to get some order drove me to get out all of the homeopathic remedies and make an alphabetical list of my remedies, dosage and how many vials I have on hand.   Last week, I made list of all my Penzey spices so I could have a list of the extra spices I have on hand, and a way to keep track of what I need to order.  These little "ordering" tasks help me to feel some semblance of control,  as I type this I just laughed out loud LOL - the world of mine in the pandemic.  

I was happy to not leave the house today.  I enjoyed seeing some pictures today of people places that are being taken back by animals.  I watched the pictures of silence on the PBS Newshour .    

The pictures of elephants walking down streets in India reminded me of my trip to Northern India, we were on a bus traveling south from Dharmsala and I woke and looked out the window just in time to see a line of elephants with amazingly decorative headgear walking along side the bus, carrying big packs on their backs.  I was in awe.  

It was good to be transported for a moment.  The colors, the garishness, so big that it was incredibly beautiful, the sights and sounds.  Bumping along in a bus, that it too was decorated in beautiful, bold colors.  What a moment.

It is Tuesday,  I made a few more donations.  Renewed my membership to Natural Resource Council of Maine.  Happy Earth Day Eve.

Comments