Skip to main content

One More Saturday Night


Deb Gilmer Delivering my Cypress Grove Cheese Box!



This is my second Saturday night at home.   I am feeling the heaviness and gravity of our life in the time of this pandemic.   I for sure have felt this before and will feel it again.  I am half way through my absolute quarantine.  I am good,  I take my temperature every day, sometimes more than one time.  

This morning Deb Gilmer arrived with the box of exquisite cheese that was delivered to my old, not my new address. It was good to see her, it was also almost painful.  We have no idea when we can sit in the same room.  Our conversation included what we had done to wipe the things we were exchanged with our bleach solution.  Deb was just in the side porch, I was looking at her from the glassed in front porch.   It was so good to see a big smile, to have a conversation with someone so close.  How different life is in 4 weeks.

 I had a few little victories today.  I figured out how to reconnect the garage door opener.  It now works, not that I have any plans to take the car out, but I want it to work if I need it.  I also cleaned up a few things from the yard,  remnants from winter went into a garbage bag.  I swept more water into the sump pump,  the dehumidifier  is still on "constant"  and the water seems to be less and less coming up from the floor in my basement.  

The brook is roaring and I spent time outside today just listening to the sounds of the water, the brook the divides my land from my neighbor.  

My dear UU minister David reached out today, we exchanged songs that provided comfort for us today.   He said any Cat Stevens - but called out Sing Out.  I called out Rhiannon, and especially her "Toward Home" album.   And sent him a link for "black bird"   here is a link for another version of Black Bird --- may it fill your soul:  Black Bird - Rhiannonhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJ8oq44gCs  

I took a nap,  I caught up on "This is Us" episodes and made it to the season finale.  I managed to read a few chapters in my book.  I removed a few things from the dining room table, it is still full of stuff.

I zoomed for an hour with our SAGE group.  There are two times each week that we can talk.  

I am restless.  I have no schedule.  I do try to do a few things each day that supports my health and well being.  I am having cheese, crackers, and veggies for supper.  

It is Saturday night.  I am safe.  I am well.  I am singing out loud:

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night




 

Comments

Randy said…
I have the book of the Australian Rabbi for you! It’s fascinating, so much history and new information for me. The Freelanders, I knew nothing of them. Hope to get it in your hands soon.