Skip to main content

Friday - One Week Ago I was leaving Arizona - One Week Home!



It is the end of this week.  I have been at home for a full work.  I am so very glad to be home.  I have these little moments each day that just seem to lift me up - yesterday my UPS guy (I don't know his name, but he always smiles wears an Australian style hat, and just seems to be an incredibly friendly kind of guy) was knocking loudly on my door.   I was upstairs and came down and out onto the front porch.  I waved and he was holding out his phone and said that his boss wanted to have a picture of my heart on the door, but he didn't want to take it without my permission, what a mensch!   I am glad he likes my heart,  I know that they are doing a lion's job right now and I am very appreciative of my home deliveries.  I hope his boss liked the heart too.  

Today,  I got another box, my Misfits Market box.  I let the box sit for several hours, then sprayed with my bleach solution.  Then opened up my box of goodies.  It felt like christmas- beautiful mangoes,  Persian limes, bok choy, green beans, beauty heart radishes,  cabbage, leeks, grapefruit....all organic and ready for me to eat.   

Another box came today,  it was my splurge of week - Cypress Grove cheese....I had gotten a message about the delivery, which I just saw in my inbox and did not open.  Later this afternoon I got a text from Deb Gilmer, Milly Haven owner!  There was a box on her front porch for me!   I thought that I had updated my address on the website - I did not, or at least I did not save it....I did not open the confirmation....I would have seen that there was a mistake.  Thankfully,  Deb is up for ride.  

My cheese story is a reminder that I am not really firing on all pistons,  things are not normal.  I spend lots of energy washing handles on doors on porch,  washing clothes,  washing hands,  being vigilant.   It takes energy to be living in the days that we are all living in.  I am so grateful for what I have, for having my home,  for having good food to eat.  And we are all living with this virus.    I had another "miss" this afternoon, early afternoon I went upstairs to make the bed, freshly washed sheets in tow, and afterwards crawled in for a little nap.  When I got up I decided to just stay away from the "screen" for a little bit - I missed an email about a zoom meeting check in, it was over when I finally went online.   Not a problem, another reminder,  take care, be flexible while being vigilant about safety.

Last night Millinocket Memorial Hospital sent out a letter via facebook that informed us that there is the first case in tri-town area (Millinocket, East Millinocket, Medway).  The hospital is implementing new policies and changing their procedures - they are getting ready.  It has become something much closer than somewhere else, the virus has made it's way into our region.  All the more reason to hunker down.  Our numbers continue to rise her, there were 50 new cases today (432 cases in the State)  75 health care workers have tested positive.   Our Maine CDC Head is great, Dr. Nirav Shah.  He has really been a rock.   Of course there is worry about the climb in cases especially the jump of 50 in a single day.  We just have to keep doing the right thing.

I have all that I need,  people are reaching out,  I am reaching out.  I have given and have received lots of virtual hugs.    I might get the dining room table cleared off tomorrow or not.   I have a noon zoom tomorrow with our SAGE group!  It will be good to be with all my old lgbtq friends.  It will be my first time joining them in this virtual way.   That and Deb's drop off are the only things on my calendar for tomorrow.  That is more than enough.  

It is the end of a long week.   I like that there is more light.  The temperatures are warming.  We keep having waves of April showers.  We will all be very happy to have flowers, some day yes some day the flowers.  Today I am happy for the light.

Comments