Skip to main content

Remember when there was a "hump" day?


Wednesday mornings bring my Tai Chi class, and I am always so glad to have that hour + with my teacher, Susan and the other students in the class.  This is one of the silver linings of "sheltering in place".  I actually have access to many things that I did not have while living in the northern part of Maine in a small town of less than 700 people.  Now I have classes that I can attend,  museums that I can walk through, concerts I can hear.  But this is not exactly a good news story.   

Each day brings overwhelming news, more deaths, and now protests by people who want to get rid of stay at home orders, they want to golf, go to wrestling matches,  go back to what life was like in February - this is all a hoax.  

We have a society where there are many people who don't appreciate or believe in science, facts are not facts,  and this is making america great again....

I try not to blog around politics, but it is a toss up what is more terrifying right now.  So many people are going to needlessly die. For that we mourn and send blessings to the families, the people the communities that are so burdened by loss and grief.

And we also rise up,  to serve our communities, to provide resources.  The good in our country and in our spirit does emerge.   Phone calls get made,  cards go in the mail,  checks get written.  I am doing what I can.  I understand that I have much privilege, and others do not, so I have to do what I can.  I had my first "responder" call today, and was able to fill the need!  Felt good. 

It is Wednesday,  the middle of week.   I remember when that might have been a time to have a little celebration, half way there...now I have to work hard to keep clear what day it is today.  I know it is Wednesday,  The sun shone bright today.

And the sun will rise up today, and hopefully so will we.

 

Comments