Skip to main content

I got in my car!!!!



At this time yesterday I decided that I absolutely had to try to see the Pink Supermoon Moon Rise.   I have not been outside of my yard since March 28th.   I am still in my quarantine period until Sunday but I decided I had to hunt for the moon, so off I went.   

I first went on a road that I thought might get me to a good viewing, and quickly realized yes it is mud season, and I turned around and headed to Ash Hill.   

Ash Hill is one of the few places in Maine where from your car you can see an absolute amazing 360 degree vista.....It is one of my home bases, and takes just a few minutes to get to from my house.   

I was so happy to get out of my car.  To open my arms wide to take it all in, to let in the  the beauty, the "purple mountain majesty"... It was so affirming to be able to let it all in,  to just sit in that which has not changed.  The earth is glowing in this pause and there is a big lesson there - as I write this blog today I am listening to a live concert from Emma's Revolution  Sandy just reminded us that there is, "A lot for us to learn from right now!"


I have been moved by the pictures in India
that show the beautiful Himalayan Mountains, that have not been seen from that place in over 30 years.   

It is the first night of Passover, reciting and remembering people driven from the land,  the ten plagues, the parting of the waters, sharing with family and friends.  The story is the same but the setting is very different tonight.  May it be that families resist the ancient pull to be at the same table.  That we find a way to all be in this together.   In this season, the first night of Passover,  the 
closeness of Easter.  In this time of holiness of remembrance for so many peoples I am hopeful that there is time to reflect on, "what from this time will we just put something down"?   "What has emerged during this time that will serve us as a people, a nation, a world in a better more just way".     

There are signs all over the world of the earth benefiting from   the pause.  I am still basking in being able to spread my arms and twirl around and see the vista, expanding,  inviting, encompassing me.  The best hug I have had in a while.  

The sun is still shining.   It was a beautiful day.  The sky was blue.   But winter has a few more things to say,  the clouds will come rolling in soon,  the temperatures will drop and we will start a little hurrah, like 7-12 inches of new snow expected by Friday midday.    The snow will come,  the virus continues to spread,  our good work of physical distance is making a difference,  we are living in times that we have not experienced before.  

I am so grateful to be able to take in beauty.  To smile widely.   To outstretch my arms embracing it all.   It is Wednesday.  I am home.   Stay safe.  Be Well.  

Comments

Littleton Sue said…
Yes, you do live in a beautiful place. I have never been up Ash Hill. Something for us to see together sometime. Less than 4 more days.