Skip to main content

Back on the Grid

Wisconsin was great, love those hills.  My friend Fina and I sat on the porch in the afternoon and painted and skipped through 3 decades of knowingness with each other - delicious.  The garden was abundant and we feasted on the healthiest and freshest veggies - literally snipping things from the garden and tossing into salad or steaming for our lunch, yummm. I could not help being swept up and into the political landscape even though I had tried to leave republican insanity behind --- impossible.   So I did a pretty good job of just walking away when it got to encompassing.   This morning I travelled through Viroqua (where Sasha was born) and up the WI River Road - the sky was brilliant blue and clear.  I travelled past so many places that I have noticed and appreciated over the years,  the roads, the water, the green of summer all like unwavering friends accompanying me back home.  And I was glad to be coming, and that is very good.  

I got home early so went to the State Fairgrounds to pick up my Tea Cosey - I got great comments and encouragement for my piece, and I like it even more than when I dropped it off two + weeks ago.  Then off to the pharmacy, and while there I got the call from the pre-op nurse at the hospital - we spent about an hour on the phone -- she really listened and encouraged me in what to discuss with the surgeon and the anesthiologist (oh I have not spelled that right!)  It was an affirming first step with the hospital staff - made me feel even more certain of this decision.  

Then I checked in my clinic, I was supposed to have my check-up tonite, but they said why don't you come in now -- so off I went to the clinic and I am in great shape -- all is ready to go.  The forms have been sent to the hospital --- all of my concerns and issues noted and shared -- yeah rah!  

So I am  doing great --- and you are all a part of the band of supporters urging my healing and honoring my process - thanks!  Have a good evening, and stay tuned.

Comments

Dkahn said…
Welcome back to the Grid. My prayers are with you this coming Friday.
rhonda said…
I love the description of your time in Wisconsin; my life is "in town" but my heart is out walking the roads looking at the fields.