Skip to main content

Scrabble and a New Roof

Today the garage roof was completed.  Those guys walked up and down the ladder and on the roof with such nimbleness, it was as if they were floating just above it all, and they swept the inside of the garage which had all the little brittle pieces of my very old old roof.  So now I am matched, and let's hope that Bob the painter arrives on Monday, and that my garage will be not only looking great, but ready for winter, and NO leaks inside!  

I picked up Myah early this afternoon for an overnight stay, it was Luke's turn and he was ready to come, but his Mom was going to be at work all afternoon and evening, and he was ready for some Dad bonding time, so Myah says please could she come,  win win for me, for her, and for Luke.  When she got in the car I asked what did she think Luke and Dad would be doing today, and she said, " Oh, I think they are going to sit around in their underwear and watch TV tonight."  Clearly a guy thing!  

And what do the gals do?  Myah tried her hand at scrabble for the first time.  We agreed no counting score, and we brought out the scrabble dictionary.  Margaret and Paula stopped by and we all worked together, and Myah made some great words, and learned very different strategies.  Paula is the queen of three letter words, Margaret goes after all the color squares and I love to make long words and find places for single letter tiles.  Myah was smiling as the last tile went on the board and we for me the 5th generation of scrabblers in my lifetime, my Gramma, my Mom, me, my daughter, and my granddaughter.  MMMMMM that sure feels good.  And just in time for a new winter past time.  I'll have to go find scrabble for juniors, not sure they even make them anymore...but I will be on the lookout.

Comments