Skip to main content

Paying Attention to Energy

This morning I had White Peony Tea, and the pot stayed warm from my Tea Cosey, it is the first time that I have used it for its official purpose.  I laugh at it, it does deserve the title, " Mad Hatter's Tea cosey".  I did a few house things today, I am still focusing on attending to things that need to be done for my house at the same time I am focusing on how to attend to myself.  Peter came to mow the lawn - he has a VERY loud mower.  I talked more today than I have, and with much less pain and discomfort.  Still very conscious of how much energy I gain or it taken away in what I am doing. Unfortunately, when I went to take a rest this afternoon the "will it ever get built stairs next door" workers started in with lots of pounding, loud noises, nail guns, and this has been going on for more than 4 weeks (lots of stretches where nothing is happening).  I checked it out at the end of the day and it is still not done.  They sure talk a lot to each other in between pounding!  The sweetest part of the day is in the afternoon when the sun once again hits my back patio, this is around 3 pm and I drag out the radio, my knitting, the phone, and a glass of water, and my wonderful tibetan shawl.  Then I sit and knit and listen and close my eyes and feel the sun on my face, delicious.  Jean came by and chopped down the lilac bushes, and the painter comes tomorrow to begin painting the garage.  I think I am going to remember about my lovely upstairs quiet space. I don't now how loud power washes are, but I am going to find out.  I am healing, everyone who calls or comes I get to invite into my house, and we have the time, the space to share together; being present, giving and receiving.  I feel like blogging has allowed many of you to follow along, to send your thoughts, and this little vritual world has created an energy that has only been good for my heart and soul.  Thanks for helping me heal.

Comments