Skip to main content

Sleeping and Rested

I woke up this morning and it was still dark, and I laid in bed, thinking about my yesterday and noticing how my body felt, and then being a Type 6 in the Enneagram World - I found myself worrying about why I was waking up in the middle of the night.  I took a few breaths and decided to turn over and look at the clock.  It was 6 a.m.  -- amazing!  I was not reverting back to waking up numerous times in the night - I was awake because my body was ready to be awake!  So what does rested mean?  I got out the dictionary this morning to check it out.

(adj) rested: not tired; refreshed as by sleeping or relaxing

I am rested, and am beginning to have body memory of what refreshed means.  What a metaphor, as this part of world moves toward the dark, and a time of slumber and rest.  I am learning how to be rested  The mist and fog of the morning gently welcoming me into another day.


Comments