Skip to main content

All Hallows Day

I woke up to the radio talking about the superstition stories that are told about the "hauntings" in the capitol. One story has clapping heard in the empty senate chamber. Other's have statues moving, and conversations overheard. This is another day the ties us in such an old way to life and death, people and souls returning for the day. The spirits being unsettled, and what we did to try to appease and honor them. I read that Sweden does not "do" halloween, although they recognize All Saints Day starting on November 1st. I will miss my grandchildren's costumes although I am sure I will hear stories about their loot, and there will be many negotiations to have more than one piece of the candy at a time, and where all the candy will go and to whom! They have so much fun with their friends and the costumes (they are a surprise I don't know what they are, but they will put them on for me tomorrow!)...so we can all imagine our tricks and our treats. I will be watching from high up in the sky, and will wait for which spirits and souls might come to visit.

Comments