Skip to main content

Phillies Win, Obama Scores, DC is Shining

What a night! My very long time best friend Lonnie lives in Philly, and "she who never cared about sports" is a Philly fan, she knows stories about the players and just loves the team - amazing and now they won! One more team breaks the drought. Obama goes right to the people, and we hope the folks who were waiting for the World Series, just took a breath! And I am looking out of my corner hotel room windows on two sides of my room, and just soaking in how much I love our Capitol. It was in in 1987, when I was here for the Gay Lesbian March on Washington that I got this incredible clarity --- this is MY capitol, even if I am queer! This is my capitol, even if I opposed Vietnam, knew my country's leaders lied to me, no matter what this is my country. Whatever innoculation took place then it has never left. I never get tired of coming to Washingon, DC. I had great fun bringing my daughter and her friend to DC, I have smiled and beamed at the stories that my daughter and her husband have told about their trips here, and I am looking forward to taking my grandchildren here. I am imagining Myah and I coming here on the train, seeing the monuments, walking through the Capitol, showing her the underground train that goes from congressional buildings to the capitol and riding in the cars. How great to know you are a citizen of this country a citizen of the world. And to top it all I am on the hunt for great campaign buttons - I know the Mall vendors will come through for me.

Comments