Skip to main content

Off to DC

I am heading off to DC (unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will be much warmer there than here in MN) tomorrow.  I am participating in a round table with selected "thought leaders" discussing future policy direction regarding disability and employment.  I will see some of my professional friends from over the years, and I am sure some new faces.  I want to be passionate, clear in my purpose, creative and fully present for this experience.  I have been envisioning a world where we are all able to be honored and rewarded for contributions and abilities.  I want us to support each other in creating independence and acknowledging our need for interdependence.  I want to be clear who is profiting from what, and who is dependent on who as we identify how our structures help or create barriers for people to get the supports they need to participate fully.  So here's to moving forward and creating some discussion papers that I hope will inform and engage the new administration that will be coming to town in January.  Here's to Hope!

Comments