Skip to main content

A Day of Feasts

My retreat time was just right -- there were 12 women -- I was the only one who did not know anyone. A challenge for an introvert --- it was more than worth the effort. Wonderful honoring, exploring, opening to many aspects of the feminine in spirituality, earth honoring, matriarchy. The intersection of feminism in spirituality in the political - recognition of archtypes. Fun, stillness, going within, and reaching out. I think that many of us will find ourselves in another circle soon, and I may even have made some new friends that will be in my life in ways I cannot even imagine today. We all said goodbye around 11 a.m. today - and I headed up the road to Madison. Home of my heart.

My friend Kathleen made my first feast of the day - a table set with such love and attention. We started off with a wonderful Champagne toast, then potato soup (She is Irish!), equisite cheese, chicken salad, and conversation that was deep, funny, connecting --- threads that get woven over decades of knowing and caring about each other.

The middle of the day with my friend Patti --- we had tea and hugged and cried, and laughed about the great strength and tenacity and love that supports us in all that life dishes out.

Then off to Kate, Kira and Emma's house. Kira and I have spent many Saturday mornings at the farmer's market, she is an inspiration in the kitchen, as a chef she opened the first vegetarian restaurant - and in her own kitchen she prepares everything with so much attention and engagement.

We feasted on some of the last morsels from the garden, along with an Indian feast. Many of the recipes originate from the cookbook, "Curried Favors" by Maya Kaimal MacMillan. (I have been cooking out of for awhile as well, yummm). We had tandori chicken, dosas, cilantro chutney, kale, dahl..... the inspiration Kira says was the cilantro at the market, and my visit. How lucky can a gal be.

So tomorrow I head back to Minneapolis. Nothing like being so happy with all of what we have. All of what I have. A feast of the day. A feast of friends, of being connected across time, and always through the heart.

Comments