Skip to main content

Doctor Appointment, VP Debate and Need to Rest

What a week, after two days of going into the office, on Wednesday I needed to just stay home, and really allow myself to rest, to sleep, and allow my body to just focus on healing.  Today I worked about 5 hours, and the good news was I had some energy when I walked to my car.  That was different than Monday and Tuesday where I was completely zapped as I headed to my car.  After work today, I headed out to the Dr. today was my 3 week follow up. I got a great report.  No thrush or fungus (sorry I know the thought is gross)!  Nose is good, deviated septum is not deviated and appears to be staying in its new place.  My throat is open, and the Dr. said that the opening is quite different and the surgery has accomplished what we wanted as on outcome.  There is still some areas of the throat that are still in early stages of healing, and he reminded me that lots of energy is going into my recovery.  The tingling on my throat is normal process of healing, I was told to not worry and stress about things like the "fuzzy" feeling in my throat, the tingly tongue.  It is all good and will continue to improve.  The Doc also would not take credit for my asthma going away - I have not used my albuterol since the surgery - he reminded me that I have massive amounts of steroids that my body made and is continuing to make as a part of responding to the surgery and healing.  He also said that probably by the end of next week, my energy will feel qualitatively and quantitatively more than now.  Continue to take the time to rest, and I don't have to see the surgeon again unless something would come up.  Next step is the sleep study in November, when all the swelling and healing will have been completed in my nose and throat.  

And then the VP Debate ---what can I say - Joe Biden really did well, and I don't want to get any more of those Palin Winks - and hold the gotcha's!  Let's keep the momentum going there's an election next month!  

Now time for rest.

Comments