Skip to main content

End of the Week

Finished the second week where I have arrived at work everyday!  This week was easier than last, and next week I am trying to be more "full time".  Each day lots of meetings, trying to sort out what it is that would really be helpful that I could provide.  Many days it feels like the game Jenga - this is a tower game where rectangle pieces are criss-crossed and you see which ones you can pull out without the tower falling down.  So far this week no towers fell as I tried to sort out ways to keep things moving.  

The end of the week bonus was a trip to Stillwater - The Lift Bridge Brewery was holding their annual "Rise of Fall" beer tasting.  Dawn and I went (she is another beer lover) together - had a great time.  The Farm Girl Saison - --- mmmm mmmmm good.  The food was great, and I am waiting to get the call that I won one of the baskets!  The Okto a high test octoberfest was very tasty and pale ale's hopped - great.  I got a fun glass and a shirt and a great time with my colleague Dawn!  We had good conversations with folks, enjoyed Stillwater - and got home early.  

Not exactly what some would consider healing, but  I was glad to have a very different kind of night out!  This weekend I am going to try my best to do my civic duty - knocking on doors for Obama and working on the ABC Referendum!  Oh won't it be great when the election is over!  Let's keep doing our part, open hearted and with a clear mind.  

Comments