Skip to main content

Inspiration and Reality

Well I never got to knocking on doors yesterday.  I spent two hours napping, actually it was a rock solid sleep - clearly everything is working to make all well after surgery.  I also am experiencing the downside of the natural and artificial steroids leaving my body - they when in excess make you feel like you can leap tall buildings in a single bound.  How it manifested for me, was no wheezing, chest feeling open clear and not tight, and extra energy.  Now I just have to create my own set of chemical balance to garnish my energy and keep on healing!  I did go to see Patti Digh "Life is a Verb" - absolutely inspirational - she read, and told stories, and the whole point of her book, her blog, her life to really embrace our stories.  Write them share them live by them....even listening I was remembering priceless moments in my life - and what the story means, like the weekend at Great Grampa/Gramma Stanford (she was Emma, he was Andrew Jackson Stanford) they came to Illinois in a stagecoach, my gramma used to keep a pickle crock at the bottom of the stairs, and the sauerkraut was right next to them, and they were BIG crocks (at least when you are eight)!  My Gramma (Mary- my Mom's Mom) and all of her sisters 6 sisters total, were visiting together, all the other sisters lived in Ohio.  They were in Tonica, it was a hot hot summer day, and we were all in the house later in the afternoon, my aunties were sitting on the couches together, all with dresses, bare legs, big smiles, and I had squirmed in next to my Gramma, she leaned over and whispered, "I have a secret" --- of course I blurted out what is your secret, all the sisters started laughing, and my Gramma leaned over once again, and said in the best of voices, "none of us have underwear on!"  And they all laughed and laughed and laughed.  I just watched them speechless, no underwear, absolute fun laughter, and oh how those sisters loved each other, and loved me. 

Comments