Skip to main content

Day 26 of "Spring Away" --- The Day We Passed Italy.

Photo taken 3/25/20 by "Skye" Bloodgood  - Tucson AZ


Today has been and up and down day.  Just when we sent the boxes off to be shipped back home, I got an email saying my flight was cancelled.  I had a minor meltdown.  Then called American,  I am on the same flight to Philadelphia (the "red eye") Friday night, but will have to be in Philadelphia airport for 3 hrs.  awaiting my next flight.  I get into Bangor shortly after noon on Saturday.  Not the end of the world but the change did illuminate how short my rope is right now.    

I hope no more changes.  I can feel the anxiety and I am just breathing through each little wave as it rises up.   I am imagining myself in beautiful bubble, safe secure, waltzing through TSA, and then wrapped in a warm and comfortable cocoon for the final flight to Bangor in the little plane.  

Most of the packing is done.  I am checking in with people, they are checking in with me.   The birds are still singing.  

These 26 days seem like a very long time, twilight zone.  My heart breaks for the suffering and pain and loss.   My heart opens with the creativity, the hope, the acts of compassion that are springing forth.  The birthing of ourselves and our country into a "new normal" will have much pain.  May be do the right things to help bring us to this new place as safe and as connected as possible.  

It is Thursday,  tomorrow I head for home.  The trees, the water, the mountains await - they provide solace in the midst of a pandemic.   

Comments

dufzor said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
dufzor said…
Peace. Maybe this will bring u a chuckle. I was flying out of Portland, ME to go back to CA via Atlanta. Portland held the puddle jumper too long so it had to be de-iced twice. We got to Atlanta late and the pilot said the Red Cap would meet us and direct us and we MIGHT make our next connection. Of course I used that service. "Flying to San Jose. Which way please?" He pointed and said Good luck! I ran thru buildings! The plane was on last boarding call. I made it! I handed over my ticket. "I need to see your passport.". "Passport? I'm an American citizen and I don't need a passport to fly within the United States!". "Oh. I'm sorry ma'am. You are trying to board a plane to San Jose...Costa Rica!"! That was a long 16 hour layover in Atlanta! And I never made that mistake again!