Skip to main content

Friday the 13th - 13th Day on “spring away”

Today was the first day since arriving in Arizona that the sun shone.  It felt good to see and feel the sun.  The morning started  I woke up this morning to a very industrious woodpecker somewhere outside my window.  I haven't spotted him/her but I heard them.  I spent a good part of the morning enjoying watching the birds.  There is what I think is quail, it had the cutest plume on its head and ran and ran down the site walk - made me laugh, a good long laugh that I really needed to have - Yes it is a Gambol Quail check them out!  Other birds would fly by, sit on the wires in the backyard, I would catch glimpses of iridescent blue.  LIttle rabbits running around.  Doesn't look like Maine here, that is for sure.


While the sun was shining I went for a walk in the neighborhood.  Amazing to see the color, the mountains, the cactus.  The flowers are so bright and happy right now,  they have had days with rain and then a little dose of bright sunshine.  There was not one other person out for a walk, so I had a wonderful time continuing my social distancing and being out of doors.  It is a little gift that the outdoors is a "safe haven" from all the changes that are happening in our lives due to the corona virus.   

I had my phone call with Kyle.  Since we are not seeing each other in person, we have spontaneously initiated a little daily check in.  She is calling me tomorrow.  We had a couple of good laughs.  I like  having this rekindled sweet/kind connection!

On the grand daughter front although all travel arrangements have been made to get on the bus at 1 a.m. in Granada Spain.  Of course Spain is now at the epi-center of the virus and there of course is worry about getting out of the country.  Just have to let it go, hope for the best, and be supportive and ready to do what I can.  We will all breathe a sigh of relief when she is safely home in Minnesota.

So taking a walk was a good way to spend some of my time this morning.  I had fun taking a few pictures along the way. 




This little library is at the beginning of the street.  Lots of books!  

Spring flowers...


More flowers a yard absolutely full of flowers and a few cacti.














Kumquats and Oranges.




Not Katahdin, but a fine mountain range surrounds much of Phoenix.  













And here are a few pics of the Desert Oasis, and it has been an Oasis.  Even though it is very unusual to have the amount of rain that the state has had this week.  Still an Oasis.  Mid afternoon the sun went away, the cloud bank rolled in that rains came hard and fast, then the hail, the temperatures dropped.  I remembered the sun.  It is supposed to stop raining soon, and be beautiful for tomorrow.  I will welcome that.  Glad I captured the Oasis in the sun for you and me to enjoy, if only in a picture. 




Comments