Skip to main content

Holding Them Safe - Day 14


I thought that this was a good reminder for me today.  My day started with another set of challenges for my grand daughters return from Spain.  Her bus to Madrid was cancelled for 1 a.m. on Monday.  So at 6 a.m. this morning Central Daylight Time, Sasha and James headed to the airport so the Sasha could once again get Myah's airline ticket changed.  The good news is it happened and Myah will be on the plane from Madrid to JFK (we so so hope that this will be true) at midnight in Arizona.  As I am typing she and her roommate Callie are sleeping in their hotel next to the airport in Madrid.  Now it is just getting her all the way to Minnesota.  We most certainly hope so.  

Today has been a most wonderful day in Arizona.  There have been blue skies and sunshine all day long.  I had a wonderful breakfast at the Desert Oasis with my friends, and then made the transition from Central Phoenix to Gilbert, AZ a first ring suburb.  I am not at Cindy's house,  Cindy is my friend that came to pick me up in Winslow and we stayed at LaPosada.  It feels good to be able to spend time with her at her house,  it will soon be on the market as she has a house that she will move into in May or June of this year in Mesa.  

 I have settled in and think that this will be where I will stay until my scheduled time to go to Houston.  I have no idea if I will go to Houston.  I know that I am fine to just "be here now".  
 
 I have lots of space to hunker down.  There are lots of things that are close by.  On Monday we are going to the Arboretum, we will pack a lunch, and spend the day outdoors taking in all the flowers and plants.  I have been there quite awhile ago and am looking forward to that.   Tomorrow we are going to go see the new house in Mesa.  

Meanwhile,  I am cooking.  Cindy is absolutely grateful that I am cooking and it is grounding and good for me to cook.  I had made supper for two nights with Karen and Jen.  So I am cooking my way through this pandemic, at least this phase of the pandemic.  

Today,  I set up a pick up at Sprouts.  It was the first time that I have filled my cart and had it ready in an hour or so to go pick up.  We made our list,  and I had a fun time with "John" who was doing my shopping, sending me alternatives for certain items, and suggesting substitutes when needed.   

We got in the car.  We went to the Wine/Beer Bar around the corner that Cindy had never been to to check out it's compatibility for social distancing,  it is going to be just fine and they have gluten free beer as well as a great wine selection - a stop there will be in our future soon.  Then it was off to pick up the groceries,  we pulled into the "designated spot"  and waiting 3 minutes for John to arrive with the groceries.

John was so happy, he said that he was new at this job and he was very glad  to have had such a straightforward and easy order.  

Off we went driving our groceries home.

I made dinner,  Cindy did the clean up and I am hoping that I can stay up a little later tonight. I have been having a hard time staying up at night, and then of course I wake up early.  I hope that I can stay awake.  Or maybe I will be waking up close to midnight so I 


can see how Myah is doing with getting herself to the airport and on her plane.  

Life in the time of Covid 19.   I have already started filling my cart for a delivery on Monday from Sprouts.  I have a request for corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes for Tuesday.  

Oh in the midst of all of this,  my daughter is turning 46 on Monday, how oh how did that happen!  I am going to move into Birthday Wish Mode tomorrow, and hoping that Sasha gets a daughter home from Spain tomorrow night.

Day 14  - Holding us all Safe. 
 

Comments