Skip to main content

It is Monday in Patten


It is noon (eastern daylight time)  I have cleaned out the refrigerator,  talked with a friend so worried about her son and if/when he will get back to Maine, I called in my grocery order and Brandie did my shopping, Matt picked up my mail and the groceries.  

What a morning.

The snow is still falling.  It is beautiful.  March is ending with a few things being the same as the beginning - snow on the ground.  March is ending in ways that were unimaginable at the beginning of the month.  

I am slowly slowly decompressing from my travels, from my need to make decisions, from my worry about Myah returning from Spain,  from my daughter returning to the hospital to work,  to Luke who is having a senior year in high school like no one who is alive today, and to James who continues to protect and to lead his tribe as the captain of the tribal police force.  

I am humbled and so fiercely aware that we all have to do the right things.  Stay home, wash your hand, figure out what 6 feet means,  be very respectful to the grocery store workers, to the EMT's , to all the service providers continuing to serve their clients.  

This virus is tricky, it is virulent, it is unrelenting.  We must do what we can.   I am deeply grateful for everyone who is staying home, who are doing their very best.   

I am comforted by the snow,  the beauty is palpable. I left the desert and here I am in the 
north woods, the earliest moments of spring, winter still holding its grip.  The cold, the snow feels familiar and I welcome the brightness and the way that the snow has covered absolutely everything with a new found blanket of winter.  

I will want signs of spring soon, but for today what I have is all good.

I am going to be on a zoom call,  I will make some supper - I have options and will have to figure out what that will be soon.   In homage of Arizona I am having avocado toast for lunch.  I am sipping my cup of tea.   

My boxes that I shipped from AZ are sitting on my porch,  wiped with bleach and waiting for a couple of hours before I open them.  The groceries have all been washed and put away.  

This blog is done.  I am short on words,  I am tired and I will rest this afternoon.  It is Monday.   I no longer am counting the days of my spring away time.  I am counting my days in voluntary and recommended isolation.  Today is day 2, I have my isolation legs underneath me.  I am in today.  That is all I can do.  Be Safe, Be Well, Be Smart.  


Comments