Skip to main content

Going Home

SHIN BROOK FALLS 





I am sitting in the living room in Gilbert, Arizona.  I have a heat pack on my neck, trying to coax the big "crick" in my neck to loosen up before I get on the plane tonight.   We have had a very quiet day,  I have tried to rest some so that I can get myself home.  

People from home are reaching out.  I am getting well wishes.  Bags are packed and in the garage ready to be put in the car.  The boxes I was sending back got mailed yesterday.  I have my snacks, a sandwich, cheese and dried fruit ready in case I am hungry and there is nothing open when I land in Philadelphia.   I have a friend who flew through there a little over a week ago and nothing was open, the airport deserted.  I am fine with that, just need the folks at my gate to get me on the plane.  

I can tell that I am moving into my transition mode.  I am hunkering down in another kind of way, going inside.  Breathing in, breathing out.  

A friend sent a video of her walk to the falls today.  I am looking forward to hearing the sounds of rushing water,  to watching the trees get their leaves, to  the pines standing tall, and to Mount Katahdin and the Appalachian Mountain Range glimmering on the horizon.  

I have been away from home for 27 days.  If all goes as planned I will be back home on Day 28.  Stay safe.  Be well.  

Comments