Skip to main content

Feeding the Soul - Day 20

It was balance that I most sought today.  I woke up at 8 am after sleeping 7 hours without waking up, heavenly.  Had dreams about caravans, a long bus and a tiny lovable pod lots of activity.  The pictures below are no dream,  or rather a dream for the awakened eye.   

After a leisurely morning we got in the car at noon today (3 pm EDT, 2 pm CDT) and headed out to Superstition Mountain.  We went to Lost Dutchman State Park (named after a story of a lost goldmine - you can google it!).    Keep on reading after you enjoy the pics: 








We took a long walk in the State Park,  there were quite a few people there,  Cindy said more than she had ever seen there.  At times it was a little stressful, as the range of respecting social distancing remains wide.  There was one jolting experience as we stood off to the side of the trail and a mother and her two teenage daughters walked by,  one with a red maga hat the other with a blue trump shirt --- all with identical haircuts and color.  Oh my...I'm not saying more about that.  

With every step, around each bend the views, vista's, terrain was so fabulous.  I could feel myself breathing deeper.  The worry was melting away.  Each time I stepped off the path to let others pass, I would just breathe through my feet, closed my eyes and connected to the earth and reached up to the sky.  
 
For a  part of our hike I asked if we could just be silent,  be present in what it felt like, what did we notice,  what was all around us.  It was such an affirming request, that I followed up with a big hug (we can hug each other we have been in contact with each other for days and days) and began to step by step start our own mindful meditation as we opened our eyes, our heart, our being to the beauty all around us.  

 I am having a drink of my most favorite mineral water, Topo-Chico!  I am savoring today's phone call with Sasha and Myah - they are well and doing all the right things!  I am savoring my time outdoors.  I will do my afternoon qigong after I take a little rest.  I have a grounded feeling of balance for today.  No decisions to make today.  BE HERE NOW  -- thank you Ram Dass.  

It is spring,  it is my 20th day of Spring Away....who knew what away really meant three weeks ago.  It is Friday.  Sending appreciation and care to all those people who are doing what they can to take care and save people's lives today and everyday.  Deep appreciation for those who are taking this seriously, social distancing, doing the right things to help us all.  Deep appreciation for those who are finding another way, being creative and showing some light in the darkness.  Deep healing and care for all those who are threatened, at risk, hungry, scared and feeling all alone.  Breathe in, breathe out.  Sending hugs and taking them in for myself. 

Comments

Jaime said…
This comment has been removed by the author.