Skip to main content

Day 5 - "Chillin' Out" in the Windy City






This is the first trip where one thing that keeps coming up no matter what is hand washing,  antiseptic wipes,  articles about staying safe.  I am walking a line of being aware and embedding good habits in my daily travels.  Today was a take it easy day that began early.  The weekly Katahdin Collaborative Steering Committee "Zoom call" started at 7 a.m. central time.  I got up early enough to start my tea and get things set up for the meeting.  We are working on the last things that are needed for us to post our opening for a full time Community Coordinator for the Collaborative.  We had a good meeting that then went right into a second and third meeting - lots of work completed, decisions made and I had a a small list of "to do's"  which I took care of this morning.  By the time I finished my work it was time for lunch and I was starving.  I set off to find middle eastern food,  I have been so very happy to eat my way through the days here in Chicago,  each meal different and all good.   

After lunch, and a walk along Michigan Avenue (not too long a walk today as it was cold and windy, and the wind felt like it just whipped though you) I came back and took a nap.  Lovely.  

I had a long call with Sasha.  Mailed Luke's Birthday card.  More walking time.  PBS NewsHour.  Keeping up with Women's Basketball scores.

No late night Friday on the town for me.  I am just enjoying my view.  Watching the lights.  Appreciating the city scape.   This is my last night in Chicago for this trip.  I will be back later in the year to spend a couple of days with Myah when she returns to campus from her semester in Spain.  

Tomorrow is back to Union Station,  I will be traveling on the South West Chief.   I am looking forward to once again watching the world go by, the views will range from the wide open prairie to incredible topography in New Mexico and the majestic views in Arizona.  

It is Friday,  I am chillin' and all is good on Day 5 of "Spring Away".

Comments