Skip to main content

A postscript....

Irv's wife Kathy posted on Irv's account this morning on Facebook.  So many of you read my blog, expressed your sympathy, was touched in some way.  My heart still breaks for the loss of Irv and for the weight of grief and loss that Kathy now bears.  I know it will shift but not yet.  I wanted to share Kathy's words...it so illuminates what I was trying to say about their relationship....it was a linguist delight to listen to the two of them, their minds were so sharp, their intelligence so great and their sense of humor so amazingly bright!

Here is Kathy' Post:

From Irv's wife Kathy: To all of Irv's many followers, friends, barflys, former colleagues in education and former students. It is with deep sorrow that I tell you that Irv died suddenly and unexpectedly Friday, February 15 after a long chemotheraphy treatment and unexpected consequences following his treatment. As many of you know, Irv was a prolific Facebook 'friend', a failed Presidential candidate (who can forget 'Feel the Swirve' and 'Make American Late Again') who was hopeful about another run in 2020, a lover of literature, history and long debates, a nappy dresser, a playwright and storyteller, and early member of the Handsome Men's Club and Swan Creek Rowing Club of Lambertville, NJ, among his too many to mention interests and talents. He championed and then discarded many hobbies but remained a true and devoted lover of wooden boats, ocean sailing, fly fishing, hats and cowboy television shows. His career as a lifelong educator spanned over 50 years and teaching was the love of his life (being a gifted actor helped propel him to English teaching fame and yes, he taught me to love berets and black coffee).
He was a great and wonderful man, a true salt of the earth and upstanding human being. I know he would want me to say 'happy trials my friend, until we meet again'.....

Comments