Skip to main content

Hunkering Down For Yes - Another Snow Storn!


The painting is done (for now)  the built-in has been varnished, the sliding doors in my closet have also been varnished and the steps got a much needed touch up after the move.    I am still feeling unhappy about how the color in my studio looks in the light,  I like it in the evening!  But for right now, I am just going to keep on unpacking and arranging and continuing to be more "moved in".

Today felt like a shift for myself.  I am feeling like I am going to be more settled.  That the studio/guest room will take shape.  Books, pictures and art work will find their space.  I am sleeping a little differently, it is a deeper sleep, I am dreaming and feeling rest when I wake.  I feel like I have settled into the deepness of the winter.  I have found that window where I can look out at the moon.  In the morning I know where to look for the sun.  All things that help to ground me in the day and ground me in my home.  

There will be no going out tomorrow,  the surprise will be how much snow will be on the ground when I wake up in the morning.  I have gone to the grocery.  I have chicken soup simmering on the stove.  I bought chocolate ice cream and pecans!  I am enjoying the DownEast Winter Blend Cider.  I am thinking about knitting and have my knitting bag sitting ready in the living room.

All signs that I am settling in.  Boxes are one thing.  The heart is another.  

It is Tuesday,  the storm is on it's way.  Only sixteen more days in February.  

Comments