Skip to main content

One Month and One Day


I may not be quite as enthusiastic as I was on January 7th after the closing for my house, but I am still a very happy woman, albeit a tad tired.   There is more snow (quite alot more) than in the picture above but it is cozy inside the house.  It is actually hard to believe that so much has been accomplished in this past month.   

I still have work that is being done, tomorrow the electrician comes back for the third time,  he is putting new lights in the kitchen, new outlets, a dimmer switch and a few other upgrades.  Guy is coming back to take the back off a book case that I am using for a TV stand - and there are way to many cords and wires and ... so I think I have figured out a good plan.   I have a number of boxes, bins, etc that are go to the basement so I keep making trips and will be glad when there are no more trips to be made!  (that is not in the near future!)

I found my box of greeting cards, etc. and was able to take some time today to write some cards that I have wanted to get out to people.  It feels good to do more "normal" daily things.  Washing dishes,  writing out a card,  making breakfast, having an afternoon cup of hot cocoa.  

It has been a month since the closing on my house and tomorrow it will be two weeks since I moved into the house.  Good to remember when I am wanting to have more done than what I have accomplished.  It is Friday.   I have my house.  I have moved in.  I am getting settled.  

I am hoping that it will be a good weekend for all.  Keep Warm.  Be Kind.  Enjoy the light, we are getting more of it each day.

Comments