Skip to main content

View from my favorite perch!


Middle of the week and what a dump of snow!  We got over a foot of snow - it started later last night and ended later this afternoon.  I took a nap and when I woke up the sun was shining and the sky was blue.   My across the street neighbor who has very large snow moving equipment came over and plowed out my driveway.  I was able to get the snow around the garage door shoveled and the doors opened and to get most of the snow off the porch.  The back steps are hidden right now and I need a better path to the garage door, but will do that after my own plow guy comes tomorrow.  I did send them a text letting them know that I could at least get out so he could put me further down the list.   

I made even more progress in the guest room and even made up the bed!  Best of all I could empty the boxes in the dining room.  I have moved in!  It was just two years ago that I drove from Minnesota to Maine.  I remember getting up at 5:30 a.m. outside of Hartford CT and grabbed a cup of tea, a muffin and got in the car.  A N'oreaster was on the way and I didn't stop until I got to the first rest area in Maine!   When I got to Millinocket I turned up the heat and went to the grocery store and didn't leave the house for 3 days as not one but two N'oreasters dumped unbelievable amounts of snow.  

So here I am more snow.  More space to put the snow.  It is supposed to warm up a little.  I will be ready for a little warmth and a little break from the snow.  Feeling a little shack happy in a very nice shack.

Comments