Skip to main content

Winter Rainbows


I have for the last several weeks been asking people about rainbow pillars or sun dogs - they were something that I would see especially in the mornings that were way below zero.  People said that they didn't really know if they happened here.  This morning on the Facebook page "Crown of Maine"  they posted this sun dog from just after sunrise!   I was so happy to see it, now I can renew my hope that on a cold cold day there will be a rainbow!   

It is Friday and it has been a beautiful day, the sun was bright and it felt really warm as it shined through the windows.  The temperature was mild (comparatively speaking) and I was able to do a little sorting and moving in the garage --- the auxiliary storage space.   

Bill came up and the great news is the tub and shower are now hooked up!  It looks great and I am looking forward to testing it out,  Bill with his dry humor says, "well now, you don't have to wait until Saturday night for your bath!"  harking back to the days when one bath cleaned up more than one kid!  

I emptied more boxes and made more headway upstairs.  I am beginning to visualize how  this room might take shape.  Things are getting sorted and places are being found.  




The other revelation today was about "being settled"  I could see that flat spaces were being used and I could see the remains of various tasks and interests. 
My afternoon brought Anna and Dave, my first Millinocket visitors!   They were headed to Mt. Chase Lodge for the evening.  We had coffee and a good fun, sharing stories and learning a little more about each other.  Anna and I volunteer at the library together, and she was a good support as I went through the trials and tribulations of getting to the house closing.  While they were here I talked to Mike and got the menu for tonight -- very yummy, I wish I was going for supper, but I am going tomorrow night!    Anna, Dave and I made a plan for me to meet Dave's Mom (she lives in Stillwater, MN which is where my daughter and family live-small world) next Friday and have Fish Fry at River Driver's next week.  Dave and I both lament that it is not walleye, but a good fish fry and the best in the area!  

Pretty fun,  I get a tub with shower, visitors  and  a messy table.  Great way to end the week.  Oh, and a renewed hope that there are rainbows to be found in the winter here in Patten, Maine!

 

Comments