Skip to main content

The Winds They Do Blow

Wow!  What wind.  The winds came and I was so very glad that my house did not just blow over, even though at times it seemed like it should.

I washed wood and got things all ready for the shelves to be varnished at the beginning of the week.  Boxes and suitcases went to the basement (or cellar as they are called her in Maine).  

The electrician came and there are now under counter lights in the kitchen.  

It was a good day.  Blustery but good.

And tonight I watched Won't You Be My Neighbor  what a treasure and so very heart opening.  I wonder who is our Mr. Rogers right now?  I hope that each of us can at times make our contribution as a neighbor in our neighborhood.  The ability to talk and honor feelings and how prosaic he was in what he brought to the TV world.   

I enjoyed having a Saturday night with Mr. Rogers, with my own memories with my own feelings.  

Thanks Mr. Rogers,  I am looking forward to how I am going to connect with my new neighbors.  You know that there is a kid inside us all.  

Comments