Skip to main content

44 Days


Today is the coldest day of this year!  There is windchill warnings until early tomorrow morning.  Although I worry about being shack happy I did not step off the porch today.  I did make several trips onto the porch, but that was it!!!

I had time this morning to actually look at the calendar and see how many days exactly before I leave on my "spring fling"  44 - yes, 44 days, made me get clear that I need to start my to do, must be done, and it would be nice lists.   As with many an introvert  I make lists,  partially it is to have a check off list, which when I check things off, it feels very satisfying, but also the act of writing it down helps me to process in a deeper way.  So now that I realize that travel time is getting closer, soon the lists will get made, they will get hung up and I will revise, check off and throw away as I move myself closer to being ready to get on the Amtrak train in Boston on March 3rd.

So in this cold day, I did enjoy thinking about being in Southern Arizona,  Houston and Austin Texas and New Orleans -- all places that I will stay this spring.  I have time in Chicago with family and friends and I am going to step off the train in Winslow Arizona to stay at the LaPosada Hotel.   It is a process to start moving from my retired fullness here in Maine, to having more open space, time, reflection.  I love my train trips --- and even as I plan this one,  I am finding myself curious about where my Grandson will be going to college -- I am already imagining taking the train to visit him in the spring of 2021!   

I absolutely never found myself thinking about retired life,  I did start planning from 2014 until I retired in February of 2017, but before that I just never thought about it, really.  So it is with so very much gratitude that I have found myself in such a wonderful stage of life.   I feel vibrant,  I have what I need and more and I feel so very engaged in my life and care so very much about those around me near and far.

Who knew --- our society so absolutely devalues old women, well women period, but old women no place and value for them.....ha.ha.ha.....

So I stayed inside,  all holiday decorations are gone.   The tree will get taken out tomorrow.  I have checked in with a few friends.  I have a martini in hand, it is Friday night.  Enjoy the long weekend.  A bless Dr. Martin Luther King.  He spoke the truth.
 


Comments