Skip to main content

Felt like it wasn't a holiday, and that feels good!

I woke as all of us did today to hear that the Iranian Major General was killed by the U.S.  That certainly took away any leftover holiday feelings. I did manage to not go into a tailspin, but I did forget a meeting that I had scheduled with several friends.  It was a sign that I was not quite present and fully in my own self.   I took some space, breathing in and out, just following my breathe for a few minutes sending out peace and then making myself an absolutely delightful breakfast. We have been getting some wonderful avocados in my local grocery, Ellis's Market  (do click on the link - they have the best home page!)   I made avocado toast, and it was just the right time and my gluten free Three Baker's Ancient Grain bread is really great, I would choose it even if I wasn't being gluten free.  It was a energizing breakfast, made me happy and helped me to start doing all the little niggling things that needed to be done.  

The day was filled with trip to hardware store and post office.  Shoveling snow that came down from the roof.  Across the street neighbor came by with the big scoop tractor and pushed away all the snow that came down between the house and the garage.  

All of the changes I had made to accommodate for New Year's Day got put back today.  With each little task I got done the niggling feelings that I had yesterday and last night and this morning began to fade away.  

Late afternoon was soup making, and now it is time for soup eating.  Almost at the end of the first week of the year.

Comments