Skip to main content

Remembering Lives and Marking my own time.








Today is Holocaust Rembrance Day.  This is a link  from the Holocaust Museum so today I did spend time thinking about how a country and world allowed such an atrocity to take place.  We soon will have no survivors from that period of our history, and here we are today where there is no much capitulation to a tyrant (Donald Trump) from elected officials and so many more.  My heart hurts, I worry about the fragility of our democracy.  Will we have a fair and free election?  In spite of it all I hang on to may their memory be a blessing.  May we never forget.

Far less deep and heavy is my personal anniversary.  I have been in my home in Patten for one year.  I am happy that this is my home.  I like my little town. Today when I stopped in at the grocery store I had two wonderful brief talks with two good town friends.  I still marvel at how much I have been embraced or at least deemed a friendly new local.  What a gift, I have much gratitude that I have such a wonderful home. 




 

Comments