Skip to main content

Wednesday Slump!

We are in the last days of January,  a month that many years just slowly slowly moves forward.  This year didn't seem like that until today!  We have not had brutal weather (remember I am speaking as someone who has spent every year of my life in northern climes) as might occur in Northern Maine.  What that has meant is cold then warm days,  snow and then melting, rain, then ice and grey, gray days - more than usual.   This morning started with sunshine blue skies and single digit temperatures.  As the day moved along so did the clouds.  

I found myself getting "antsy" today.   I just starting reading a new book, " Resistance Women" by Jennifer Chiaverinin, it is good but I just could not find myself just leaning into the story.  I would read a few pages, put the book down,  do a few things then pick it back up.   I did get a few lingering things accomplished on my to do list:   Make bed in spare room, call insurance agent about doing annual review, got paperwork ready for tax appointment next week.  Those were all noteworthy and I just couldn't even have much feeling of accomplishment!  

I have mentioned several times in my blog this month that I was not shack happy yet --- I think today qualified for winter blues, shack happy, and just plain unsettled.   The month is almost done.  Next month brings us a leap year!   I have a short trip away.  I will be getting ready for my spring away time.  I have more than several community and volunteer commitments, meetings and work to do.

It seems like the month is going to fly by.  But today I am just one fidgety person.  This is probably a combination of impeachment anxiety, worry about the state of our country,  lack of sunshine!  

What I know is this will pass.  I have a full and very fun weekend ahead.  The sun will shine.  I will feel more grounded.  I will be present for more than a few minutes at a time before I flit off into whatever!  It is the middle of the week,  we are somewhere deep into winter, and it is the end of the afternoon for me.  

I am going to bring my book back out, wrap up in my cozy throw and snuggle in.  Hope you can do the same. 

Comments