Skip to main content

What a Wonderful Way to Start the Year!

AFTER EVERYONE HAS GONE

This morning started, the first one of the new year, with the softest light, it shone on the pines and the sky had such exquisite ribbons of color.  I just felt enveloped in the light, it felt hopeful and welcoming.  What a good feeling to have as I start a new year.  I made a cup of tea and began checking off things from my "to do" list.  For today was/is the day for my party, an open house to bring in the New Year.   

By the time people started to arrive this afternoon, I was ready - food was piping hot.  Lots of choices, little delights were everywhere.  

I did not take pictures while people were here.  It was so much fun.  People enjoyed being with each other,  I made sure to take the time and space to sit and talk with everyone.  There were good stories, good people, good food.  There was a vote - unanimous that this be a yearly event.  I had such a good time and I know everyone who was here did as well.  

And now I am sitting alone,  just turned on the Rose Bowl - Go Badgers (my alma mater)  --- there are still things to put away but nothing that is a must.  I am a very good, real tired. Oh, the hoppin' john was great,  the fiddlehead soup so satisfying,  the lentil soup was so good, and one of the big hits was the ravioli (belly button style)  and the very spiked egg nog! 

I may have more to say tomorrow.  For right now no words, just a smile and a relief that my feet are up and I am home sweet home.   Here are a few post party pics:




 

Comments

Ruth Foss said…
I am sorry I missed it. I am sure with you as hostess it was a wonderful time had by all... Happy New Year Mary Alice... May it be blessed and adventurous...full of light and love...❤
Sue said…
What a lovely party! Can't wait to come visit you. 2020 will be the year!