Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary to ME!

AFTER MY HOUSE CLOSING 1-7-19 
ONE YEAR LATER - SAME PLACE - NEW YEAR - STILL EXCITED!




Today like one year ago was bright and sunny.  I realized when I was getting ready to go to Millinocket to work at the library today that I would be going past the same place that I took a picture last year right after I had closed on the house.  So as Julie and I drove down Penobscot Avenue we pulled over at Tanous and Snow, I hopped out and Julie took some pictures.  Same coat, same hat, and really glad that I wanted to mark this anniversary.  It was fun to be able to mark the anniversary in the same place and with the same photo.  

 After picture taking it was off to the library.  I like being at the library and will miss seeing the regular patrons and doing my work there when I take a break while I get ready for my travels and spend time away during late winter and the mud season.  The good news is that there will be a spot for me when I get back.

 Yesterday by the time I sat down to blog I was blurry eyes and brain dead from spending so much time at the computer.     I was so focused on doing all that transcribing and data entry that I 

didn't share other glimpses from my day.  Yesterday was the Epiphany, the day that the Magi arrived to visit the newly born baby!  In Italy, LeBefana (Epiphany)  is an important part of Christmas festivities.   La Befana originates from a fairytale about a woman who flies on a broomstick bringing presents to children in Italy. La Befana is believed to be searching for baby Jesus, hence why she bears gifts for children.  Sometime during this holiday season I became captivated by the "witch of winter" and found a traditional cake recipe that was made to celebrate and bring good luck.   I made the cake on Sunday night, and yesterday I took the cake to my knitting group!  I came home with an empty plate.  I hope that this will be another "annual" event for me.  The cake was tasty, the conjuring of this old crone flying around giving presents entices and comforts me, and sharing the bounty felt very good.  Here are  a couple of pictures of my 1st LaBefana Cake, I do wish I had another slice tonight! 



Comments