Skip to main content

At the Mercy




Yesterday morning has already had a few similarities to yesterday, so maybe I will start there.  Yesterday, early afternoon, I had just finished with getting all the holiday bins labeled and down to the basement.   I had a basket of folded clothes ready to go upstairs and I was just getting ready to start reading a few things that I had set aside earlier in the day.  A pot of tea was brewing in the kitchen when I heard i heard a loud truck noise, and I looked up to see a truck backing in along the porch.  I get up and yes there was truck and one of the guys that had worked on the house a year ago.  He had brought a cabinet that he had a found a couple of weeks ago.  "I knew you were wanting one of those, should I unload it from the truck?"   Without much thought at all I said "yes".  

So, of course, this set off a series of necessary steps.  The current cupboard that I have been using to store food had to go somewhere else.  This cupboard was much smaller, and although not adequate enough to do what my makeshift dresser drawers turned kitchen cabinet had been doing for the last year,  I liked it!  

So the dresser, go carried downstairs, but not before I had tried to move the wine rack in the basement and broke a bottle of mead (didn't really like the mead but I liked the mess less!).

So the guys got the dresser downstairs and I was left out with drawers in the dining and living room.   We did get the cabinet cleaned and put in place.  And I was left with a downstairs in disarray and needing to pick some friends up in two hours.  I got out the mop and cleaned up the mead that was now running over the floor in my basement pantry, I then went upstairs and started to rearrange in just a few moments I decided to wait and went up for a little 30 minute rest.                                    

 
You don't need anymore info about yesterday.   In short,  I left the mess, picked up friends went to Shin Pond Pub and then off to Mt. Chase Lodge for supper. 


This morning I was just starting to think about those drawers full of food, when yep another big sound in the driveway and the snow guy had arrived.  The thing about the snow guy is that I really need to get both my back stairs and the snow up against the garage doors shoveled so that he can move all that snow as well, and I can get in and out.  So I threw on outside clothes, my boots and jacket and out I went.   There was about 6-8 inches of snow (it always seems a little difficult to tell) to move around.    Now I am back in house and the snow has been plowed and shoveled, the stairs are sanded and salted and maybe I will get to the drawers.   More snow on the way, seems like it will be a good afternoon for snow shoe time,  we'll see what unfolds, a friend calling to snowshoe or ski?  Drawer contents being emptied and put somewhere else?  Who knows what Mercy I will be at for this Sunday! 

Comments