Skip to main content

Too Much Time at the Keyboard!



It was almost like a day at work today.  I had lots of things to clear up for some of my volunteer activities.  So today, I finished up agenda's, notes,  did emails,  filled in excel spread sheets and worked until I had a stiff neck.  I have a laptop and I do NOT have a good desk in my house.  The laptop on the table or a TV tray just doesn't work well if I have to work for more than an hour or so.  I don't have a shelf or some platform for my laptop where I could stand and keyboard.   I did know in my job that I had very good equipment.  A great chair and a balance ball.  A movable desk that went up and down so I could work standing or sitting down.  I had a very specific ergonomic keyboard that drove everyone else mad, but it worked for me.  Now I am typing with my laptop sitting on my legs.  I am stretching my neck back and forth, and wondering if I should order a separate keyboard to use with my laptop.

It was good to immerse in good old fashioned follow up tasks.  Getting ready for next week's meeting  and making sure that we have the materials we need  to do our work.  

I don't have to spend lots of time at the keyboard tomorrow.  I will be going to Millinocket Memorial Library to do my shift.  I like being at the check-out desk and doing whatever needs to be done to help people who come in.  I will be using a computer there but it will be a different kind of work, unfortunately the desk there is not much better than my makeshift work places at home.  So I am going to do some good stretches and put a little arnica on my neck to get ready for another day of work. 
 But I am now tired.  I don't feel particularly creative or forthwith.  I did find this sweet beautiful elephant in my downloads.  I love elephants and I am hoping that this elephant might just make you smile, it made me smile and get a little twinkle of a feeling  too!  I am just going to leave with a little painted elephant glow! 

Comments