Skip to main content

Beautiful September Days and Film Binging....



 I didn't really mean to take a few days off....it just happened.  September 11th was an idyllic day, poignant with memories, and somber with realities.  I drove out to Golden Ridge to go to Ada's, the sun was shining, the green was really green, and the air, the air was very clear.  So different than the air on the West Coast and traveling across the country on the airstream impacted and a part of the thousands of acres of wildfires.    

When I drove up to Ada's, it was fun to see that Don and Candy had also stopped to pick up some goodies.  Then I look at Candy and she has her right arm in a sling.  She was so understated and matter of fact when she said that she had broken her arm the day before on the treadmill at the school.  They were off to Presque Isle, she would need surgery to get it set properly.  We gave a little elbow bump, left handed (good news Candy is left-handed) and I wished them both well and off they went.  

I am always so happy to see Ada, she lights up your heart.  I bought my last batch of tomatoes for canning.  More green and yellow beans for freezing.  Red peppers, peas and yellow tomatoes beautiful bounty.  

The rest of the day was spent, readjusting to being home, finding my rhythm, catching up,  cleaning up, and putting away.  Reflecting.  Glad to be home.   I left the chores, the veg and watched a few of the last regular (if you can call the "Wubble" the Women's WNBA Bubble regular) games -then I switched over to watch the first episode of "Away".  

Watch this Trailer....   

 I was hooked after the first episode and I had to sleep....

Saturday was a repeat performance of you cannot beat these September days.  It had been weeks since I left behind my resistance and sadness that comes when the deep hot summer days turn toward the fall.  I get to just love these days and on Saturday I got to enjoy the day with Deb Gilmer.  It was six years ago this weekend that Deb picked me up in Bangor to drive us to our newly purchased "get away" home, Milly Haven!   Six years later, we got to share drinks and a wonderful lunch outdoors at River Drivers.


I do miss that River Drivers is not just a short drive away, now it is a special trip and maybe next summer I will start at the north end of Baxter and drive the entire park road (that is being generous) and end up at the south end gate and a short drive for good food and drink on Millinocket Lake.  A plan for next year!  A destination restaurant day.... a big thanks to Deb for a sweet day, I hope she enjoys the Monica's Chocolate's

Before and after lunch I stopped in to pick up a few things at Moose Print Gallery, they have transformed the space that was Woods and Water Shop into the most amazing gallery showcasing their work as well as thoughtfully showcasing a number of other Maine makers and crafters.  

Arriving home full up of a good, good day - and a pull.  I was tugged by the visuals, the tension, the story of going to Mars so I wrapped myself in a little balnket and binge watched .... I just couldn't help myself...

And now as I finish this up, I have been watching "20 Feet From Stardom". 

What a good way to end this weekend, this middle time in September.  Oh those women,  the music, the memories....I am wrapped in the gift of the harmonies and melodies.   Yum, yum.....


Comments