Skip to main content

Monday and It Was Full!

 

I felt compelled to start today's blog with a little glimpse of my time at Millinocket Lake and the New England Outdoor Center on Saturday.  Turn up the sound, take a breath and enjoy.  I listened several times before I started typing away.  It was a day, so unlike my last week where I woke up to the smell of the ocean, watched the tides and enjoyed the softness of the fog.  I am past that initial feeling of appreciation for being in your own bed and enjoying all the comforts of home sweet home.   What a day, Monday and a new week, and lots to do!

This morning I woke up really early,  fell back to sleep, and then had to step up my pace to be ready for the first day of my fall Tai Chi class.  Besides the class,  I had several folks who were coming to the house for appointments and several packages from UPS and Fedex!  

 Besides the comings and goings that kept occurring at my house today, the wind was gusty and relentless.   Mark, who was here cleaning the furnace, told me about a fire near Island Falls, an Amish family, and for about forty-five minutes I thought that the fire was at the home of my dear friend Ada.  It was not her home,  but it was a family in the community,  the house and barn completely destroyed, and this evening the fire department was back out at the property as the wind had helped to start up new flames and other properties were at risk.  How tragic.  All gone, and the silver lining is all the family and animals are alive.  

Other tidbits from today,  the tech from the company that provides my oxygen compressor and other supplies arrived in full trump regalia, including his trump 2020 face mask.  You cannot make this shit up!  I wanted to take a picture but just couldn't quite figure out how to get the full effect.  Red, White and Blue crocs, Trump t-shirt, mask, I couldn't even fathom a Biden-Harris supporter dressing like that for work.  

It was a day where things just keep coming at me!  Interruptions.  More interruptions.  Then trying to put together my new porch rocking chairs, a miserable failure.   I will try again tomorrow.

I stopped all the "tasks"  decided to roast the chicken.  Lemon-Garlic Roasted Chicken, mixed yellow and green beans,  new potatoes and the frozen kind bar for dessert.

It is Monday.  We are half-way through September.  A cold wave is due to arrive soon.  I jsut started Girls from Ipanema...more power watching in my future.     

Comments