Skip to main content

Carry On - Make Cider




RBG died and I could not write.  I was with my dear friend Kathy and we were in Lubec, Maine.  A long planned safe time together-then one more horror of 2020 occurred the notorious RBG left her body.  The republicans could not contain their glee and the same guy that said 9 months was too little time to confirm a justice said he would move to confirm a new justice before the election! 

It was all too much, so we hiked the coast trail at Quoddy State Park.
 



 After coming home I still could not imagine what I could say, my heart hurt, the daily assault of such vicious lies continues and fall has arrived.

The light is exquisite, the sky has comforting blues and puff clouds.  I have roasted sun gold tomatoes, made applesauce and simmered soups on the stove. 

Today I went to the Blum-Evitt’s to press cider.  Rick and Sara arrived and Alisha, MaryLou, Ron and I were like an old (emphasis on old) well oiled machine. 

The cider tastes great.  The simple task of making the cider was so satisfying and comforting.  The sun was warm, the light so clear and the apples so ready. 

It is Thursday, forty days Until the election and the cider flowed. 
 

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks, Honey. Just looking at your pictures & reading your words helps. I guess it is true. The world is not all bad.