Skip to main content

Respite



 I am at the most eastern point of the United States.  I have come here every year since I have moved to Maine.  I can see the Roosevelt International Bridge from my windows.  I can hear the foghorn tonight.  The smells at low tide were briny and evoked life from the ocean.  


I can see Campobello Island from the deck.  The bridge is closed, no going to Canada on this trip to Lubec.   I am here for a week.  A week of being at the ocean,  hiking in the state park, along the new Cobstock Trails, and meandering down the streets of Lubec.   There are a few places that are doing take-out,  I got lobster dinner to go tonight.   The Lubec Brewing Company is open 11-4, they have a really nice beer garden with tables that overlook the water.  

I have good books.  The wifi is strong.  I have good things in the refrigerator to eat.  The mattress feels great.  I am doing my best to try to stay up until 9 pm or maybe even 10.  

The drive was good.  I listened to my audio book by Ruth Reichl, Save me the Plums.   This is the first audio book I have listened to, and I am enjoying it.  It seems like a long day,  I have made lots of trips putting things into the car, and taking them out.  I am doing my best to try to stay up until 9 pm or maybe even 10. 

My little loft feels just right for a respite.  The deck is good for sitting, for tai chi, for just being.  There is a Maine for Biden-Harris sign in the front yard!  

It is Thursday.  I am in Lubec.  The ocean has called me and I am here. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Peace!