Skip to main content

Home Sweet Home


I left behind the softness of the coastal air this morning.  I woke to the sound of the fog horns and my phone sending texts about the heavy ground fog in the area.  As I did the final packing and bringing my "too many things" to the car the sun burnt away the clouds and the fog and I got to say a good farewell to the Lubec Channel.   It was a good day for driving,  not too hot and not very bright.  There were very few cars on the road, I saw hardly any for almost all of the ride home.  

I enjoyed the ride,  the terrain changed, there were a few spectacular vista views.   There were stretches where I could see the road stretched out through the woods like a ribbon.  The closer to home, the more woodss and less water.  

On the way into town, I stopped at Ash Hill.  The cows were happy,  the mountain range was still there, and the vista was all around me.  Next stop the post office and then home.   It felt wonderful to walk back on my porch.  The porch welcomed me back home,  it had a touch of the softness that I had just left at the coast.  

I have carried everything back into the house from the car.   I renewed my drivers license online (it expired on the birthday!).  I sat on the porch and went through the mail.  I checked in with a few neighbors.  I unpacked a few things, more to do.

 It is Thursday. I am home.  I feel full up from my time away.  It will be good to sleep in my own bed.   

Comments