Skip to main content

A little peace in my heart.



It is amazing what two days of warmth and sun
will do for an old soul living in Northern Maine.  For the second day in a row I had my tea on the porch.  It is warmer on the porch than in the  house.  I love my porch and I am still almost euphoric that I get to be sitting there today.  I had a good check in with Vicki on the phone.  I got my grocery list in and planned to pick up later in the day.

I spent the morning doing more to get the porch emptied from the winter debris and putting things away.  I hauled the rain rugs outside and while outside I saw that my east side neighbor was out.

Phil had a brand new Trump flag waving the last few weeks but it has not been out for the last few days.  It has been a gnawing thing, the flag, no masks.

But today the sun was shining the T flag was not flying and I waved and said hi to Phil!  He waved and asked about my trip.  Then he asked if I would  like some fiddleheads.  I was delighted and said yes.  I went into the house and grabbed an unopened jar of Bar Harbor Jam Company blueberry jam.  I put my mask on and walked over to Phil’s.  As I got closer Phil asked me if I had the croup?  I took a deep breathe, and said with much sincerity, “Phil we are good neighbors and I am not going there with you”.  Phil smiled and handed over the fiddleheads and I gave him the jam.  He then backed up, he was not wearing a mask, but he did not try to get closer.  We had a good talk.  Laminate Ted that we could not find help for our yard work and was happy to ha e sunshine.  Phil walked back to his house I walked back to mine.  Phil was glad to offload the fiddleheads which he doesn’t really like, I was glad to have the fiddleheads.  It was a good neighbor moment, I opened up and Phil backed down.

It made my day.

I continued my work.  If I finished raking the leaves out of the east side bed.  I had my Tai Chi class.
It was good.  FedEx delivered the Apple repair box and I my computer will be picked up tomorrow.  The first step of getting it fixed.  Winter scarves, coats, and mittens are in their bin and it will go to the basement tomorrow.

I picked up the groceries, while waiting in the car I saw a flyer for Lisa’s Rrots and Fruits, so after I got my grocery I drove out the “north road” to Lusa’s stand and picked up some potatoes.  One more thing that made my day.   Good food.

The snow on the mountain had really lessened today.  The mountain was glimmering.

I am feeling that this was a good start to the week.  I opened myself up.  I dropped my anger and fear.  I did my Tai chi.

It is Monday and it is a good start to the week.  Looking forward to  to tea on the porch tomorrow,

Comments