Skip to main content

The sun has won!

May 24th 2017 First Drive to Patten


Summer days are here.  Not sure for how long, but last week was so very summer like, we cooled down over the weekend, and we are back in the 80's again.  Makes me very happy.   I stopped in at the Greenhouse to inquire about my kitchen garden boxes and other containers that they are putting together.   They have been so busy, and they said that the delay was just fine because there would be frost on June 5th,  the Strawberry Full Moon.   

The weather swings are very real here in Northern Maine.  We had 13" of snow the second week in May, and it is supposed to be over 90 degrees tomorrow.

The porch is such a refuge.  I still can't hardly believe that I have this lovely lovely porch.   Such sweet breezes, morning sun and afternoon shade.  

The lawn got mowed,  I did a little more cleaning of the gas grill, and tomorrow Heidi comes to rake leaves and get them bagged up.  

My days feel full.  It seems like the so warm weather has engendered a faster pace.  I am adjusting to a different set of rhythms,  a longer list of to do's and the enjoyment of just being in the warmth.  

Today is a much different day than I had been planning with my family.  Tomorrow was the day of Luke's high school graduation.  I should have been in Minnesota.  Instead I am on my porch.   Luke is handling it all very well.  There will be some surprises for him and his sister and I made a plan this afternoon.  

Luke is getting his favorite flavored cupcakes (Vanilla with vanilla frosting) from Nadia's Cupcakes  it is a very fun company and they make delicious cupcakes.  I talked with Luke and he wanted cupcakes, vanilla and vanilla.  Myah will pick them all up and and be the cupcake delivery.  I am glad to help make Luke's supposed to graduation a little more fun.  

This is the last week in May.  The last Tuesday in May.  I have been back home from my shortened spring away time for almost two months.  What a long long long time it seems.  For now I am enjoying this very unseasonable warm weather.  I know that this will change, but what is so very true is that the sun has won.  It is my spring mantra.  The sun always wins and it is has done a fine job this year.  

Comments