Skip to main content

Painting Casualty Amidst Signs of Spring

 Thursday morning is my "note taking" time for the Mobilize Katahdin Coalition weekly meeting.   I often get flashbacks of stenographers and court reporters as I key in the information that is shared. I have developed a template so I get a little help, and I enjoy just focusing on listening and making sure that there is a good record of what gets discussed.   These notes can be found on the Mobilize Katahdin website and are available for anyone to read and comment.  I try to finish up the notes right after the meeting while it is all fresh in my mind.   Then they get sent off for review and to be published and distributed, and I am almost always done with my part by 11:30 a.m. on Thursdays.

Then it was out to the yard where I did some raking and I uncovered a blooming pansy, and there are a number of other ones that have taken hold.  What a surprise.

The iris's are coming up and I am just going to let them fight their way over the leaves because raking was doing more damage than good.  I will be able to clean up this bed a little later, but for now I called it quits.  All the while appreciating and admiring my purple pansy.

Then I came inside and starting the slow process of taping so that I could paint the window frame and sill.  

I finished that up and started the painting,  it all was looking good.  The yellow enamel was going on well, and I was making good progress.  Then I was trying to move myself and picked up the quart of paint and yep, I dropped the can.  

It took a moment for me to zoom into action.  I think that all of the bumblebee yellow is gone from the floor.  I have a number of towels, etc in the wash machine right now and will see how they fair.  I did not do any more painting so the shelf has one side that needs one more coat of paint, and it all may need a third.  I have to take off the spice shelf in order to reach all of the window frame on one side so I am going to do that later tonight or tomorrow.   I did have to reopen the coastal blue chalk paint and redo a part of the wall where the paint had spattered.   We'll see how it all looks tomorrow morning.  I didn't trust any more yellow painting today.  I did feel better when talking to one of my oldest and dearest friends, Marcia this afternoon.   She stepped into a paint pan earlier this year, didn't know it, spilt the paint and tracked with her shoe.  We commiserated wonderfully together and had a good laugh.  At least I was by myself so no one can really memorilize this event except me, which I kind of just did.

I am sitting on my front porch as write.  The sun is shining warmly on my face.  I can tell that this will be a magical time on my porch as the year continues to move towards summer.   The winds are blowing strongly but the temperature was and is warm still today.   The sky is blue.  More rain and cold tomorrow.  For right now I am going to enjoy the sun on my face, the sun shining and the blue, blue sky.

Glad that the paint is off the floor.  Let's hope tomorrow is a more productive paint day!
 

Comments