Skip to main content

Sunshine! A trip to the falls!






Early this morning, I woke up and the moon was shining through the window blinds.   I opened up blinds and the moon was so very lovely.  I left the window uncovered and went back to bed having moonbeams bounce all over my room.

Then a few hours later what did I see,  sun, sunlight, sun beams oh I was so very happy.  I  had really struggled yesterday with the gray, and today felt like such a gift right from the first moment that I woke up. Sunshine oh sunshine.

As I write, I am sitting on my front porch, the sun is pouring in,  I have a few more minutes before I lose the direct sun and enjoying it all.

Wednesdays are more structured than other days for me right now.   I have two Tai Chi classes that I am taking. 

It is quite amazing to spend two hours in one day doing tai chi,  learning new forms,  doing forms I have learned over and over and over again.  My body loves it.  This would not be happening, except for the pandemic, and I am hopeful that this kind of opportunity will be a part of our new normal.   

 After Tai Chi I met a friend and we hiked into Shin Brook Falls.  The falls are one of my very special places to go for a quick immersion.  I had not gone there last spring so seeing, hearing, feeling the power and majesty of all that water rushing was wonderful.  The sun burst through at some point while sitting at the top of the falls and it was just moments of bliss.  Not exactly calming, with all the roar and so much power.  It was just majestic.  All encompassing.  There are these wonderful "stairs" at the top of the falls, and I just sat there enjoying the expansiveness, being so close to the water, and yet protected from the powerful thrust of all that water rushing forward and downward through the falls.

It was a day of just plain enjoying and appreciating the sun.   Moving my body.  Connecting in deep ways.  I felt like I got a huge sun hug and I sure was ready for it.

Comments

dufzor said…
Beautiful words. I feel it! MaryAlice, that looks like big water. Do kayakers run that?
I was wondering the same thing yesterday, I have not heard of any Kayaking right at the falls.